The Board has determined that the educational mission of the District will be enhanced if students dress and groom themselves appropriately to maintain an environment conducive to learning. Students are to be dressed and groomed in a neat, attractive fashion, reflecting pride in themselves and their school. Uniform dress shall be required per school policy JFCA, and it will be the parents’ responsibility to ensure compliance with the dress code. Non-compliance could result in disciplinary action.
Uniforms Described (JICA)
- Plain Navy Blue polo shirts with collars and sleeves are to be worn. All shirts must be tucked in and appropriately fastened. If an undershirt is worn, it must be worn under the Navy blue polo shirt.
- If a sweater or jacket (not a shirt) is needed due to weather conditions, either a navy blue or black sweater may be worn. The sweater must be plain; no stripes or prints are allowed. The sweater may be either a pullover or button-type and the white shirt collar must be exposed. If a jacket is worn, the student must remove it before entering the school building.
- Boys (Grades 7-8) shall wear Khaki color slacks or shorts. If slacks or shorts have belt loops, student must wear a belt.No joggers.
- Girls (Grades 7-8) shall wear plain Navy blue polo shirt with collars and sleeves. All shirts must be tucked in and appropriately fastened. Khaki colored slacks, shorts, skirts, or dress. The length of the shorts, skirts, or dress must be fingertip length.
- All students shall comply with the following dress standards. If slacks or shorts have belt loops, student must wear a belt.
- Dress and grooming shall neither present a risk to the health, safety, or general welfare of students or others in the school nor interfere with or disrupt the educational environment or process. Dress and grooming shall not be contrary to curriculum goals and or educational objectives. Clothing may not advertise or promote alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drugs, and illegal activities, sexual or violent behavior.
- In cold weather, students are permitted to wear jackets to school; however, they must be removed while inside the buildings and classrooms. No dress or neck scarves are to be worn.
- Sweatshirts must be navy blue or white, plain with no logos, words, or pictures.
- Jackets must be navy blue or white and will be taken off upon entering the school building. Again, no logos, words, or pictures are allowed on the jackets.
- Clothing and jewelry shall not display lewd, vulgar, obscene, or plainly offensive language or symbols.
- Earrings no larger that a quarter. Dangling earrings no longer than one inch.
- Clothing may not have any logos other than the approved school logo patch, or the name of the school embroidered on the shirt.
- Shoes should fit properly. Open toed shoes, sandals, flip-flops are not permitted.
- Hats, caps, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the building. Bandannas are not permitted.
- Clothing shall not expose the chest, abdomen, genital area, or buttocks and shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Clothing such as see-through or fishnet fabrics, low-cut tops, bare midriffs, and tight-fitting or excessively short shorts or skirts are prohibited.
- Properly fitted clothing is to be worn. Oversized clothing, extremely baggy clothing, or improperly fitted clothing is not allowed. Pants and shorts must be worn on the waist “sagging” is prohibited.
- Dyed colored hair will not be permitted. Examples of hair color not acceptable are: blue, green, red, white, and purple.