To the Mustang and General community:
The Blue Whale Challenge warning from Smartsocial.com: The Blue Whale Challenge is a social media challenge that encourages teens and tweens to perform specific tasks, over the course of 50 days, that are assigned to them by an anonymous “group administrator.” The tasks escalate throughout the 50 days and on the last day of the challenge the only way to “win” is to die by suicide.
About the Blue Whale Challenge
The only way to “win” the Blue Whale Challenge is to die by suicide.
* Some people say that the Blue Whale Challenge might be an urban legend but many parents and educators are concerned about this social media challenge that is gaining attention online
* Targeted at 10-14 year olds, players are required to send photo evidence to their “group administrator” to prove that they have completed each specific task
Why should parents care?
The Blue Whale Challenge creates new opportunities for predators to target victims on social media.
* The challenge as a whole is meant to harm students and slowly gets them to trust the game
* The Blue Whale Challenge creates new opportunities for predators to target victims on social media
* Players of the challenge can’t stop playing once they’ve started; they are blackmailed and cyber bullied into completing the “game”
* “Group administrators” are typically adults and older teens
Click here to learn more: https://smartsocial
Source: SLMS FB page